Thursday, 12 April 2012

Come on you lurkers!

Lurkers was a name I learnt (from my Oxford University course in Effective Online Tutoring - oh yes, my dears, I have had some training in something) to describe site subscribers who visit the site but don't post. Frank and Keith have almost singlehandedly manned the blog so far and a lot more of you are out there (you naughty naughty life writers, oh how I wish I was still your tutor and could get you in to my office for a good spanking). Encourage your dear classmates (you all have their emails, I think) to sign up, if not to blog. It's good for you! I'm off on Friday to teach a residential course at Madingley Hall on writing for children and hope to return with a thoughtful blog on this subject (learning/teaching) and how Life informs Writing. All that and more, anon. Meanwhile, stick something up here so Frank and Keith know they're not on their own. Just remember - I know where you live.
(Dark and threatening laughter with scary music)
Sarah x
P.S. The Masters degree in Creative Writing (for University of Cambridge - I know, the Dark Side) I was designing while teaching all of you has recently been given the final green light, so it's universal jollity in my own little brain. If all you can post is fulsome praise, that will do for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment