A WARM WELCOME TO LIFERS-BLOG.
Due to demand from ex- or soon-to-be-ex- students for a space where you can continue to communicate, share life-writing problems and offer tips and solutions after the course has ended, this is just that space.
Only students on my Writing a Life course (classes of 2010-2011 & 2011-2012) and Introduction to Life Writing course (class of 2012) have the option of access to this blog, so if you are reading this you are among friends.
I do wish there had been an opportunity for anyone who wanted to (from the three groups) to meet, as from my (omniscient) point of view I can see so many points of connection and so many potentially useful contacts. Still, this is the next best thing, and is actually probably more efficient.
I can't offer to moderate the site, as I don't have time to do it properly, so you will all have to behave nicely while Miss is out of the room, but I will look in from time to time and contribute helpfully if I can. I know I don't have to establish the usual 'netiquette' rules, as it has been a very heartening and endearing feature of all three classes that students have been unfailingly courteous, constructive and mutually supportive and I'm sure this will continue online.
On a practical note, I would suggest you make your display name recognisable as you (maybe first name and surname initial, as we have potentially two Emmas, two Marilyns, etc.).
Please feel free not only to share practical problems or tips but also to post your own work. Feedback from both the current classes made it clear that students enjoyed and benefited from reading each other's work and wanted more opportunities to do so.
I will be posting research tips and a summary of possible solutions to commonly presented problems, but for now it's over to you. Remember you're among friends, so don't be shy.
Finally I have to thank Hilary very much for making all this techie stuff possible. A Lifer Extraordinaire.
Best wishes, and keep writing,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment